Monday, April 16, 2007

Painted chiffon



This fabric is more green than the photo suggests. I first damped the fabric and then dripped yellow and blue paints onto it. I squished the fabric together to make sure most of it was covered with paint and to meld the two colours together. Then I set it in the sun to dry. If you set out the fabric crumpled up the paint rises to the top of the 'hills' so if you keep turning the fabric you get a nice finish to it. This was painted as part of the community workshop. I have masses of painted fabric at home so donated it to the project as they will be using small pieces to join together some of the blocks when they create the larger panels.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Nicky said...

Lovely!! I adore chiffon. What kind of paint did you use?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home