Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm back


Went away for a few days R & R with my husband, now it is back home to the realisation that moving day is just over 2 weeks away. And the building inspector from the mortgage company has just phoned to say he will be here Tuesday morning! Golly, its a bit late when everyone is working towards 27 April. I moved a carload of stuff up to our other house this morning and am planning to shift more in the next day or so.

Textile work is going to be on the backburner for the next week or so, I'm afraid, but I have worked on a needlecase round robin that arrived for me to embellish. I stitched the ric rac braid down with cretan stitch and added beads, plus the cloisonne butterfly. Then I decided to use the bright orange corner piece to add a yellow silk ribbon rosebud spray. I could have carried on forever on this piece, but have to leave room for five other people to work on it, so although I may add a few beads or leaves to the rosebuds, I am essentially finished with my share of the work.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger arlee said...

So beautifully vibrant--i'd have a hard time stopping too :}

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Hope the moving goes well, Maureen. Love that Alzheimers quilt.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

The colours are gorgeous. Hope all goes smoothly with the move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home