Saturday, April 14, 2007

Additions to round robin


I did say I would find it hard to stop working on this needlecase. I did a few quick additions before I sealed to envelope to send it on its way around Australia. The Butterfly now resides in a flowering bush, and the rosebuds have some leaves added in my own hand dyed silk thread. It doesn't really show in this picture, but the additional stitching of leaves on the orange satin has made it pucker delightfully so that the fabric catches the light in interesting ways. I had not considered this aspect of using satin before, I tend to avoid it because it is so darn slippery! Shown here is just half of the needlecase, the rest will be worked on by some other lucky lady.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maureen, your work is absolutely beautiful and I feel so lucky to have had you work on my block, I will be doing my best once yours reaches me. Cheers Gloria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home