Monday, April 16, 2007






On Saturday we had a workshop at my textiles group. We had been invited to join in the Community Arts project run by the local city council. They are making huge banners depicting the personal history of community members. Firstly we painted some fabrics, which is not new to me, but then we played with heat transfer paints, something else I have done before, but not for some time. Since I live on the Sunset Coast, I decided my personal experience would be sunset. To use these paints you firstly paint on paper and then transfer your design to fabric by means of heat, iron presses in this case. You can use a normal iron, but it means standing there holding the iron in place. I firstly transferred the fabric onto crepe and then onto a gauzey fine polyester fabric. When you put the three laters together you get

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger arlee said...

lovely depth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home