Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Vancouver



After a 2 day train trip on the Rocky Mountaineer from Calgary to Vancouver and an overnight stay in a fairly small motel room, it was great to stretch out in the huge apartment I had in Vancouver. I had enlisted the aid of the bell boy in Calgary hotel to find me accommodation and he excelled in this. One of the first things I did was to phone Arlee who I hoped to meet. I tried to contact her all night and again the next morning with no luck. So I decided to explore the waterfront and the art gallery that morning and try again when I got back to the hotel about lunchtime. When I got back to the hotel there was a note to phone Arlee. We arranged to meet outside the Museum, so I walked over Burchard Bridge enjoying the amazing views to the Museum area - when I got there I found three Museums!!! As you can see we did meet up, I also met Arlee's lovely Grey Man who took this photo of us. What a glorious day it was. After a refreshing cup of tea we took off for a fabric shop. What treasures were to be found there. I knew I had to be restrained as my bags were bulging and I was seriously worried about whether I could get my carry-on bag in the luggage racks. But I bought some trims, some gorgeous black glittery fabric, some knitting yarn for couching and some fabric scraps all for a mere $10 or so. It was like being in heaven that shop. Back to pack and get ready for an early start on the homeward bound trip. Could have done with more time in Vancouver, so much to see, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home