Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I have been reading updates on Stan Bulbach's page and followed one of his links to the work of Sara Lamb who is a dyer and weaver. Her work is gorgeous, would love one of her bags: http://www.bulbach.com/forum/

We have been having a lot of discussion on my crazy quilting list recently about whether craft is art or just a part of women's work. Definitely crazy patchwork is an art form. I wonder why museums sometimes (rarely in Perth) have travelling exhibitions of old quilts but never anything new, and there are some quilts out there these days that are definitely the work of artists. Even more in embroidery and machine embroidery, one picture in my group's exhibition was gorgeous, sold for $950, I will try to find a picture in a bit, although I think it did not photograph too well.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home