Friday, October 12, 2007

A Fragile Landscape


A Fragile Landscape
Originally uploaded by Maureen1
After long lonely months I am back minus a husband and with a new email account!

This is one of the pieces I am taking to Artopia tomorrow. Artopia is an event which lasts about two months in different venues. Artists are invited to throw open their studios to the public to meet and discuss their works. Our textile group was invited to join this event with a group of textile artists in a nearby city hall.

This work is paper fabric, painted, stamped and hand embroidered with my hand dyed threads. I then beaded it using beads in local woods, gemstones and glass beads. It was great fun to do, a lot of work and quite difficult at times, but I am happy with it.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger arlee said...

You're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HI HI HI!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

Maureen,

So glad to see you are back - I was getting worried about you!! I've been checking in occassionally, but imagin my surprise when I dropped by this morning to see 4 posts!

Great to hear from you and see that you are still creating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home