Saturday, September 02, 2006

dyeing with rosemary

Yes, well, the fabric did take colour, but to my eye it looks as if it has been in a washing machine with something that had a leach of colour, very pale and patchy. I foresee a bout of dyeing with procion coming up to get the fabric looking like it was meant to be dyed. I guess it is partly my fault for using low water immersion dyeing technique, guess it doesn't work in the same way as when dyeing with procion. The sun dyeing too maybe needed a bit more time, but our weather turned anti-sunny and we have had two long days of much needed rain, with maybe a third coming on after a peep out of the window this morning.

On a more upbeat note, I heard from the insurance company that our claim has been settled and that I should be hearing about a camera replacement soon. This has been a long time without a camera for me.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger arlee said...

i bet the house smelled wonderful too as you were doing the rosemary! I think we have a weed here that is a sub for indigo--i'm going to try it. There's also a huge willow--isn't there something you can dowith willow as well? (Aside from having dinner parties by candlelight under it :})

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Arlee, I found more about natural dyeing under compost dyeing when I googled it. Not sure about willow, but the candles would have to be citronella to keep the insects at bay VBG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home