Saturday, October 27, 2007

Paper Fabric Workshop





This is made in the same way as tissue fabric. In this case I am using knitting patterns and pictures torn from a free craft magazine. You can mix fabric with the paper, I cut up some knitting I will never finish and used that to add texture and interest. A pair of knitting needles may be attached when I have finished embellishing. Any paper can be used as long as it will glue. Newspaper, hand made paper, gift wrap, magazine articles. When the glued paper and fabric has dried you can paint, sponge, stamp, anything you can think of to embellish before you stitch. The knitting piece I have done will need to be covered with bridal veiling and stitched down firmly since I think I will use it to make a book cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home