Tuesday, January 25, 2005

WIPs and Using up the stash

I was looking for another ball of yarn to add to the scarf I am knitting, and realised I have so much of this stuff, odd balls bought just because I thought them pretty, and the idea came to me that I could knit odd shapes on large needles and use them to stitch to something to make a shawl. Perhaps layer between tulle or chiffon. Must explore this idea further. Meanwhile I need to work out how to cross stich the stole I have been making, methinks I need some dissolving film for the top, hope I have some in my stash.

I am having problems with the font on my blog now, but this is larger and should be easier to read.

3 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Blogger arlee said...

Fabulous idea, M! I'm gonna, on your instigation, use all the crocheted shapes i've collected over the years and do the same---thinking of weaving in beaded lengths of ribbon or chunks of novelty yarns through too. Sounds like a really creative way to play and to use up "laughed overs"! Thank you!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I wonder, Maureen, are yoou talking about what I think is called "scrumple"? I hadn't met it before, but this is apparently what Merle's bra was called at the Retreat -

http://inaminuteago.com/braimages/27.html

apparently there is a wonderful exponent of the art, but I can't find anything on the net.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Nothing that fancy, 'Chloe'. Knitting or crochet with big needles and wool too thin for the size creates a wonderful texture and can be stitched down, painted, stamped, beaded, whatever. I have seen a shawl made in scrumple like the bra, but that is fancier than I intend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home