Monday, November 05, 2007

Christmas decorations



I found a pattern for Christmas decorations embellished with tatting. Full of enthusiasm I dashed out and bought a whole box of pretty iridescent tree balls to cover with tatting. This is how far I have got. I have to tat enough to go all round the ball, then circles to put on top of the ball and on the bottom, then lace the whole thing together. I think my grand dream of giving these as small gifties is fading, it has taken me too long to get even this far, I think I am about halfway around one Christmas ball!

7 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Guzzisue said...

I taught myself to tat as a small girl staying at my grandmas, she had one ot those old book instructing how to knit/sew etc. pick it up every so often but soon lose interest again as so slow and repetitive.:)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Arty Lady's blog said...

This looks fabulous. Please share a photo of the tatting on the ball - you might even inspire me to make one.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

This is so pretty! I went out and bought a package of balls yesterday for the very same reason! I think I'm only going to tat a little cap for the top this year... I may expand for next year.

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Diane, would love your pattern, this one is too time consuming for me!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Maureen, I was going to use the Hen & Chicks pattern... I know I read a pattern somewhere that said it had a nice curve, and you can make it as large as you need. I want to say I read it at Nancy Tracy's site, but I'm not sure.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Found it! Be-stitched.com, Nancy Tracy's fee patterns... green ornament 2006. Nancy's pattern is beautiful, but I'm only going to do the Hen & Chicks at the top.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Got it - Thanks! What with all the beads and the thicker thread it looks as if it will tat up quicker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home