Friday, January 19, 2007

Embellishing a bag




The first picture you can see is of the kunen felt which I monoprinted with gold paint, above the painted bit is the knitted tape yarn I will embroider on to the paint. The next picture is of the felt and knitting heat treated, it has shrunken to a lovely texture, it is lacey where the felt has burned away, but I felt it was to heavy both in looks and weight to embellish my bag. Another attempt produced this embroidered Annie Blatt tape yarn which was stitched to the bag front and embellished with sequins, beads, buttons and plastic bag beads. I hasten to add that the swinging beads are not on too long a thread. I once made a bag festooned with hanging and swinging beads and embellishments. I spent nearly the whole of that holiday untieing the dangling beads so I could actually get into the bag for my purse, sunglasses, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home