Thursday, December 28, 2006

making fabric



Yesterday I spent a happy hour or so creating a fabric background for, well, whatever. Have nothing specific in mind for this fabric, but I guess since two postcards will fit onto it, that is what it will eventually end up being. Lots of metallic fabrics and threads used, so it is ultra glittery. These made fabrics are easy and fun to put together. I stitched strips of fabric to a background, cut them across the strips then re-arranged these strips onto the sticky side of iron on interfacing. I lightly stitched these strips down, then re-cut and ironed onto interfacing once again. You can go on doing this until your pieces of fabric get too small to cope with being cut again. My final step was to sprinkle any pieces of metallic thread I had laying around, plus little strips of left over fabric, layered a piece of black tulle over the top and fme'd it all together.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Its such fun making this type of fabric. I do like the colours you have used here Maureen. It will be interesting to see the postcards when you have made them - unless of course, you decide to use the fabric for something else. Have fun deciding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home