Monday, December 11, 2006

With Apologies to Monet




Well, blush, I do realise my haystack looks nothing like the beautiful one Monet painted, but it is an honest attempt for Textile Tuesday this week. The title was not haystacks, but Monet, and although I love his waterlily paintings, I sat for ages in front of three of his haystacks when our art gallery had an exhibition of Monet's work. I suppose you could say mine floats too, since I reckon it looks a bit like a UFO flying across the ocean here!

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the texture this piece has, especially the haystack itself.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Thank you for your inspirationover this year. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and that 2007 is filled with lots of creative energy. all the best

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Thanks Helen Suzanne. I like to visit your blog for inspiration too. All the best for 2007.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home