Saturday, March 04, 2006

Something odd

There must be something odd about me. I have been struggling all week to make a shirt from a Vogue "Very Easy" pattern by Koko Beall - No. 7699 if anyone is interested. Being a very hot day today I decided to tackle the collar and facings which have very poor and complicated instructions. Eventually I junked the pattern instructions and did it my way. I now have a bit of neatening to do, hems, buttonholes and it should be finished. But I whacked my finger with the moving part of the sewing machine, not the needle thank goodness, and need to let my finger recover a bit. I have been remembering that I often have problems with patterns in the easy section of pattern books.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Julia said...

Hi Maureen,
not so easy after all, I'm sure it turned out better your way..

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

And I thought I was the only one with mental confusion when it comes to interpreting instructions!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger arlee said...

Those instructions are never very clear! I learned to do it my way back when i was 6--my mom said if it looked good and was neat who cared???? It ain't just you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home