Sunday, December 23, 2007

Unseasonal knitting



Its high summer here, going to be 38C on Christmas Day and here I am posting a knitted scarf. In my defence it was knitted at the end of winter just before the weather turned warmer, then I tucked it away and forgot about it. Knitted in tencel and bamboo, it is a lovely soft and silky scarf. I have been told that bamboo yarn tends to split whilst knitting, but that if you use bamboo needles it knits up easily. By pure chance I used bamboo needles and had no problems. I knit my scarves sideways, I cast on 150 stitches for double knit yarns and go for it, adding multi yarns from my stash, this way the stripes do not look left-over stripey.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Crikey, 38 WILL be hot. Expecting 28 here and that's enough for me. Have a great Xmas and New Year, Maureen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home