Friday, August 04, 2006

Fibre Art Journal






As you can see I have been busily embroidering stitch samplers for inclusion in my fibre art journal. I have been a little, well a lot, uninspired by the detatched chain stitch, but now I have found my silk ribbons I think the addition of some of these may improve things. The addition of a few beads will jazz the samples up quite a bit too, but just love the texture of piling the stitches on top of each other and the way the negative space interacts with the embroidery.

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What is the purpose of your fiber art journal? Curious about this. It doesn't seem like a stitch dictionary.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I have a fatal flaw, I can't do things straight and neat, so usually do contemporary embroidery. This journal (ideas taken from Beaney and Littlejohn book) is a reminder of how cross stitch, feather stitch, detatched chain, cretan stitch, herringbone can look when piled on top of each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home