Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Charity quilt 1


Charity quilt 1
Originally uploaded by Maureen1.
I spent today making borders for these double nine-patch blocks. I have enough blocks for another quilt, which still have to be stitched together and bordered.

My group made about 100 quilts for the Kosovan refugees who were housed in Perth; it was a monumental task in the time we had to do this. Remembering this, and being aware of the continual need for quilts to help people cope in dire emergency, we are slowly collecting together a supply of quilts all made from donated blocks and fabrics.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

My online quilting group Kiwiquilters also made quilts for the Kosovo refugees. I enjoy making stuff that I know will be so appreciated by the recipients.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home