Tuesday, January 24, 2006

All the things

you didn't want to know about funerals. My mother died early on Tuesday morning and I have been arranging the funeral as well as clearing out the back bedroom for my eldest daughter who is flying in tomorrow morning. I am feeling much better now it is all over, sitting at my mother's bedside waiting for the inevitable to happen just tore me apart. She was 94 and had had a good life, done most of the things she wanted to do and just plain wore out. So bear with me until I get my life back on track, please. It most certainly is true to say that death is a great emotional trauma in your life, plus afterwards you are run off your feet doing all the necessary things.

6 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to read your sad news Maureen. If you were still on 20six I would send you a sweetie, but just know all your readers are thinking about you. Take care, and pick us up when you're ready.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger arlee said...

So sorry, Maureen, sounds like you had a wonderful wonderful Mom. Sending you hugs and prayers and calm.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mum. Take all the time you need to work things out and know that we're all wishing you well and waiting to see some more fabulous work when you feel up to it (and have the time). BBBBBBIIIIGGGG HHUUUUUUUUUGGGS!!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Nansews said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs
Maxine

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Dear Maureen,
My deepest sympathy on the sad loss of your mum.
sending you hugs Julia

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Sarah E. said...

I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your mother, Maureen. Texas thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home