Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bordered and leaved placemat


Bordered and leaved placemat
Originally uploaded by Maureen1.
Isn't it nice to have blogging and email friends who help you with projects. One friend suggested a border for the placemats and Arlee at Albedo Design Journal: http://arleebarr.squarespace.com/designjournal
suggested some green leaves would be a good addition. I mulled these ideas over for some time and stencilled the green leaves, deciding that the mats still did not look complete, I got out my fabric pens and added a border thus connecting the butterfly in the top LH corner and the leaves to the bottom right. And yes, this sort of adds completion to the mats and I am happy.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger arlee said...

oooh yeay! perfect!!!

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Thanks, I gave them the placemats for their Christmas entertaining next week and they love them!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Nansews said...

Lovely, I like the way you finished them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home