Friday, March 17, 2006

Felting

It looks as if my wool knitting and felting career may be over before it has truly begun. My hands have been so sore with lots of little splits in them and I realised the soreness is where I handle the wool when knitting. Someone has suggested I may be allergic to wool. So as I have just finished another teacosy I have packed all wool firmly away and am waiting to see if my hands heal. My fingers are too sore even to sew, so I am looking round for another occupation, maybe some dyeing, I have silk threads that need attention.

5 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

What about using some sort of barrier cream, Maureen?

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Hopefully the soreness goes away. Perhaps some thin gloves would help if it is allergies. Great work and I hope you find something fun to replace it.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Helen said...

what a shame maureen. maybe sari silk thread will be your answer :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Try the rubber finger tips like sewing factory workers use. They also use rolls of stretchy cloth tape that sticks to itself.It's thin and lets your skin breathe.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Thank you for all the help. I will be looking for the stretchy cloth tape to see if that helps. I already use barrier cream, but since I have excema my hands are ultra sensitive and seem to be getting worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home