Thursday, January 06, 2005

Oh, its Sale time!!!

I have to come down to the more prosaic after finishing my stole. I need some summer clothes and bought some linen to make trousers today. Not that it will take me long, having a much used pattern I don't have to bother too much about fit. It has been very hot today and I have been in my little indoor cave under the airconditioning. But I did pre-shrink the linen and will make a start on pinning out the pattern soon.

Sales are just too tempting, however, in view of the yarn I have already did manage to resist that, but I really need new sheets and bought a set, plus the linen, think basically I was very good not to be more led astray by price reductions.

Sharon b set me thinking about waving to all my friends out there in the ether. I feel I know you, and those internet friends I have been lucky enough to meet have been on my wavelength and it has been lovely to put a face to the name. Not an axe murderer amongst them!



5 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

No axes, but we do weild needles, threads, sewing machines and dye-pots quite successfully :)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I always laugh at not being allowed a sewing needle on a plane, can do heaps of damage with the very sharp point on my tatting shuttle. I think we are all pretty nifty with needles, pins, etc., who wants an axe!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger arlee said...

And i've never murdered an axe in my life!:>

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger sharonb said...

I am waving back here - noting to put down anything dangerous such a s needle before doing so

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Nicky said...

Hey Maureen - here is my needle-free wave over cyberspace! :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home